The Fabric Baby Sling
Sometimes we are asked why a fabric baby sling would cost the price it does. Fair question! So please allow us to explain.
- The AmaWrap fabric baby sling is made exclusively for us. This ensures that the fabric has exactly the right amount of stretch both ways, and as a result is comfortable to wrap yet provide optimum support to baby. Many wraps contain elastane to provide the stretch, however ours do not. We ensure that the 100% cotton fabric was knitted in such a way to get the same effect, but naturally.
- The dyes used are baby friendly, therefore all chewing and sucking on the sling by baby (and it will happen!) is absolutely safe.
- Our slings are safety tested to PD CEN/TR 16512:2015 Child use and care articles – Guidelines for the safety of children’s slings.
- Cost and time for cutting and stitching the fabric baby sling so that we are confident that after repeat usage it will not fray.
- You get our professional help in using your AmaWrap and materials to assist you, especially relevant is that the help is available even if you have another brand – we are still here!
- Our slings are still cheaper than most wraps on the market, in order to enable more new mums to keep their babies close.
We sent a couple of our slings out for real mum and baby testing, and this is what we have received back:
“I love the colours of the new wraps. My baby is very sicky and it washes brilliantly, 40 or 60 degrees, white or mixed wash, it’s colour fast. Despite being used and washed so much it has kept it’s soft texture and stretch.”
We are also proud to announce that our slings are fully UK sourced and manufactured.
Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions